Full Closet? Full Attic? Full Basement? Grew out of it before they wore it twice? Easily resell your new and "just like new" items. Take the cash and shop at great prices for what will fit them now, or save it for another day!
Consignors please read the following information carefully:
- You set your own price for all items and receive 65-75% of the sales price. You also decide if you want your items discounted on 50% off day and donated at the end of the sale.
- A $10 participation fee is deducted from your total sales.
- All consignors are required to sign a Consignor Agreement in order to participate in the sale. Agreements will be collected when you drop off your items.
- Registering and tagging your items is easy with our online system. You will enter your items, print bar-coded tags, and attach them to your items. You will be able to see your inventory, items sold, and lots more! Please carefully read the Acceptance Policy and Merchandise Preparation sections below.
- The sale will be set up similarly to a department store with similar items grouped together. Clothing and shoes will be arranged by sizes for easy shopping.
- All items dropped off will be carefully inspected. Stained, worn, damaged, or torn items will not be accepted and will be returned to the consignor. This assures that we will only be offering high quality items for everyone's shopping enjoyment!
- Consignors can choose to pick up any of their unsold items or allow JSKCS to donate them to a local charity.
- Consignors receive 2 passes, one for you and one for a friend, for the Consignors' Pre-sale. If you'd like to shop even earlier, please sign up to volunteer so you can be the FIRST to shop!
JSKCS WILL accept:
Up-to-date season appropriate clothing (Spring/Summer for March sale and Fall/Winter for October sale). 5 years old or less. Girls: Preemie - 16 Boys: Preemie to size 20.
Sports attire, dance wear, school and Scout uniforms, costumes
Up-to-date season appropriate Maternity clothing. Limit 20 outfits per consignor.
Shoes, in excellent condition
Toys, Board games, puzzles etc.
Bicycles, scooters, motorized cars, swing sets, swimming pools, slides etc.
Children's books, videos, DVD's, Home School curriculum.
Children's/Baby specific furniture including gliders, chests, beds, etc.
Breast pumps (motorized pump units only, no bottles or tubing)
JSKCS WILL NOT accept:
ANY DROP SIDE CRIBS DUE TO MANY RECALLS.
CAR SEATS. These are a safety issue and Safety is our biggest concern!
Out of date clothing, remember, the more up-to-date the clothes the better they sell!
Out of season clothing–no Spring/Summer items for the Fall/Winter sale and vice versa
Tennis shoes unless new
"R" rated DVD's or VHS movies
"M" (mature) rated video games
Theme park, destination, organization, or inappropriate slogan T-shirts
Items with stains, missing buttons, broken zippers, etc. Would you want to buy it?
Stuffed Animals (unless battery operated)
Accessories (ex. Socks, tights, belts, hats, hair bows, ties, suspenders unless they go with an outfit then you must attach them to the clothing)
Bottles, unless they are new, in original manufacturer's package.
Un-Clean Toys or Electronic Toys without batteries
You will be using our online tagging procedure for tagging your clothes. Below you will find examples of ways to describe your items and details about pricing and tagging your items.
YOU MUST HAVE ALL ITEMS ENTERED BY Monday, February 25 at 9:00 AM. After that time the sale will be locked and no more items can be enter and no changes can be made to tags.
Brand Name: Gymboree
Description: "yellow dress w/blue polka dots" (A clear description of your items will aid us in finding the item on the rack should a tag come off.
Size: 4T (estimate the size, do not use S, M, L. Lettered sizes are only accepted with maternity clothes)
Donating: Donating is optional. If you choose to donate the items that don't sell, a "D" will print on the corner of each tag. You do NOT have to donate everything that does not sell. Just toggle the switch to donate when you enter your items into the inventory system.
Discounting: Discounting is OPTIONAL! If you chose NOT to discount, your items will stay on the floor to be sold at full price. Please note: THE FINAL DAY OF THE SALE, ITEMS WILL DISCOUNT AT 50% OFF UNLESS YOU CHOSE NOT TO DISCOUNT THEM. There can be no handmade changes to tags after they have been printed. If you bring an item to drop off, and the tag has been altered by hand, it will not be accepted. This assures you that you get proper credit for your items.
Price tag: Card stock is required for printing tags. This is to protect you! Tags printed on regular paper easily tear off and get lost. Please use only white or light pastel colors so your tags can be easily and accurately scanned.
Attaching Tags: Safety pins or tagging guns may be used. Attach pin vertically, in the center of the card (see image below). We will have you put the correct sized pin on your items and will also have you re-pin them if they are not pinned correctly. Tags should be attached in the locations indicated in the diagram below.
Safety Tags: Because tags do occasionally fall off, we ask that you attach a small piece of masking tape or address label with your consignor number near the label in your clothing items and on a flat surface on all other items. This will help us identify to whom the item belongs should the tag be lost. Label EVERY item.
Pricing: YOU SET THE PRICE! Price your items to sell, keeping in mind the name brand, quality, and condition of your items. Price your items in $1.00 increments only. Below you will find our pricing recommendations:
- It is recommended that you start pricing clothing items at 1/3 the original price and large outdoor toys and baby equipment at ˝ the original price depending on the condition.
- Don't price things too high and lose sales. People won't pay for your sentimental attachment to items. Isn't your goal to make more room in your attic/basement?
- $3 Rule: Please don't price any items below $3.00. You can create outfits (ex. pants & shirt) or groupings of similar items (ex. 2-3 shirts, 2-3 books) that will bring the item to $3.00 or more.
Clothes: Only the up-coming seasonal clothing items will be accepted for the sale. It is IMPORTANT and NECESSARY that each consignor reads JSKCS's Acceptance Policy. JSKCS reserves the right to deny any unacceptable items.
Clothing Sizes: Preemie, 0-3months, 3 months, 3-6 months, 6 months, 6-9 months, 9 months, 9-12 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months, 2T, 3T, 4T/4, 5T/5, 6, 6X, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 6-slim, 7-Slim, 8-Slim, 10-Slim.
Presentation: It is recommended that consignors present their items in the best possible condition. Button all buttons, zip all zippers, snap all snaps, sew loose hems or seams. Items that are cleaned and ironed with all pieces attached, sell much better! Present your items at their best!
Preparation of Specific Items
ALL CLOTHES must be hung on wire hangers with the hook pointing to the left (like a question mark ?) and the tag on the right shoulder if you are facing it. (Make a question mark with the hanger, see image below!) Wire hangers take up less room on the racks. You can get wire hangers from your local dry cleaner or local retailer (some places have children's size hangers). At drop off, all clothing items must be grouped by size and gender for easier inspection and placement on the floor.
CLOTHING SETS must be pinned securely with pants hung on the backside of the shirt and pinned at the waist on the hanger so both pieces can be viewed without unpinning the garment.
PANTS ONLY: Pants should be hung at the waist at the top of the hanger. This prevents them from sliding on the hanger.
SHOES: Bring only your best. Shoes must be tied in pairs by shoelaces or zip ties, not boxed. Laces and shoes must be in excellent condition. Attach tag with a LARGE safety pin through shoelace eyes or buckles as well as a "safety tag". We are specifically looking for seasonally appropriate dress and casual shoes for this season's sale. Limit of 4 pair. NO TENNIS SHOES or used bedroom slippers.
MATERNITY CLOTHES Only up-to- date, seasonal maternity will be accepted. Limit 20 outfits per consignor. Again, sets sell better. Bring us only your best.
TOYS, NURSERY/KID FURNITURE, EQUIPMENT must be in working order (batteries included and working) and clean. Small parts should be bagged and taped to the main item very securely. We recommend clear packing tape. Please group all "like" items together. No stuffed animals will be accepted unless they walk and talk. No exceptions.
LOOSE ITEMS must be in clear zip seal bags with the tag attached to the outside of the bag with tape or a safety pin. DO NOT tape over the barcode. It is recommended that you also tape the top of the zipper bag closed. Be sure to identify each item on your tag in case the bag gets opened so we can identify the items that belong together. For example: If you have several books/action figures/legos/train cars, etc. that you want to sell as a group, put them in a Ziploc bag, tape the top closed, and pin or tape your tag on the front of the bag. DO NOT tape over the barcode.
LINENS must be put in zip seal bags, with the tag pinned to the outside. Large bedding ensembles may be tied with string/yarn, but it is recommended that they be put in the original packaging if you still have it.
JSKCS Merchandise Prep Check List
- Do you have an up-to-date inventory print-out?
- Are any of your tags altered by hand? If so, then those items cannot be accepted.
- Did you use card stock in white or pastel colors only for printing your tags?
- Did you follow the $3 rule for clothing items?
- Is your clothing tag hung in the right location on your item? (top, right corner)
- Is your safety pin placed vertically? (going up and down on your card)
- Is your item hung correctly? Hanger (if facing it) looks like a question mark.
- Do you have your clothing items grouped with a rubber band by size and gender?
- Did you put a safety tag - masking tape or a label - with your consignor number only, on all of your items?
- Did you make your Drop off appointment? Everyone is asked to make an appointment regardless of the number of items being dropped off. CLICK HERE to access JSKCS's Online Registration System. Click on the Register for JSKCS Fall/Winter 2009 link. Enter User Id and Password. Click on the Drop-Off Schedule link at the top of the page. Schedule your appointment from the available times.
- Did you read, print and sign the Consignor Agreement? Every consignor must sign the agreement at drop off.
Okay, you've got all your items tagged and ready to go. Let's go to Drop Off!
Drop-Off Dates and Procedures
Drop Off Dates and Times for JSKCS:
- Monday, February 25, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 26, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday,February 27, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, February 28, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
What to expect at Drop Off
- Before unloading any of your items: please come inside to the Check-in Desk to confirm participation, turn in your signed JSKCS Consignor Agreement and receive your Pre-sale Passes.
- Each consignor must bring a print-out of her inventory for inspectors to check items against. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CHECK IN WITHOUT AN INVENTORY OF YOUR ITEMS. Please make sure you have marked off any items that you are not consigning.
- Unload your merchandise. We suggest bringing your clothing items in first before bringing anything else inside. JSKCS has designated inspection stations for everything you bring to us. Your willingness to group these items together for us, by section, will make the inspection process go faster and smoother. Less time for you at Drop-off. The stations are as follows:
Clothing/Shoes Big/Outside Toys Inside Toys Strollers Cribs/Pack-n-Plays Nursery/ Room Decor/Bedding Infant Gear
- Once your clothing items are accepted be sure to retrieve any items that did not pass our inspection process from the "DECLINED" rack. Remember: Any items not picked up will automatically be donated at the end of the sale.
- Clothing items will be placed on the floor for you.
- If you have a scheduled appointment with us for clothing, (100+ clothing items) proceed to the "Appointment Only" inspection table. All other clothing inspection tables will be first come, first served.
- Proceed to bring in your other items, going to each station for inspection by a JSKCS Volunteer. You will be assisted in getting your items in the right place on the floor.
- Remember: Once you get home please be sure to mark off any items that were declined at drop off from your inventory list. You will not be given credit for those items.
- Congratulations! You're done! We do the rest!
What to expect from the JSKCS Inspectors
JSKCS has a standard and it is important that we do our best to be true to that standard.
It is VERY important that all consignors first follow all guidelines of tagging, preparation of merchandise and what is and isn't accepted. Your attention to detail will tremendously reduce any confusion and possible rejection of your items.
Clothing Inspection - Clothes will be inspected for cleanliness, condition, and current style of each item. Your tag must be correctly done, safety pin must be in correct place and you must have labeled your items with masking tape or small label for easy identification if lost.
Shoe Inspection - Shoes will be inspected for scuff marks, excessive wear and current style. No tennis shoes unless new.
Big/Outside Toys, Inside Toys, Strollers, Cribs, Pack-N-Plays, Baby Equipment, Nursery Decor, Infant Accessories - Each of these items will have their own area of placement with a JSKCS Volunteer conducting the inspections. They will be looking for current merchandise, condition, cleanliness, and overall appearance.
Riding/Battery Operated Toys - These toys MUST have the battery included and will be checked to ensure that they work.
Follow all guidelines in accordance with our tagging, merchandise prep, merchandise acceptance and item limits. Consignors should do a home inspection of all items before tagging and bringing them to the sale.
- Did you visit www.cpsc.gov and www.recalls.gov and check your items to make sure they are NOT on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recall list?
- Do you have all pieces required for games, puzzles etc?
- Did you place batteries in all items that require batteries and does the item work?
- Have you ensured all videos work?
- Have you inspected clothes, shoes and other wearable items for stains, missing buttons etc.?
- Have you included all hardware that is required to assemble items that need assembling? (Cribs, beds, etc.)
Please make sure you are presenting your very best! If you wouldn't purchase an item yourself, don't bring it.